The Computing at School Initiative is dedicated to increasing computing education in elementary and high school. Our vision is that all students in all schools should have the opportunity to learn computing.
Computing education encompasses much more than just the use of software systems, based on the ACM/CSTA K-12 Computer Science Standards curriculum guidelines. We believe that computing should be part of the curriculum in elementary and high school, as currently biology, physics, chemistry and mathematics.
Our goals include
- Motivate computing education for all elementary and high school students in Brazil.
- Facilitate the teaching of computing in elementary and high school by creating instructional units in accordance with curriculum guidelines and appropriate to the respective age groups.
- Train elementary and high school teachers to teach computing.
- Share experiences and resources related to computing education creating a community of practice.
- Increase the number of graduates in the field of computing (also increasing the representation of women and minorities).
Computação na Escola is an initiative of the INCoD/INE/UFSC with the IFSC.
- Profa. Dr. rer. nat. Christiane Gresse von Wangenheim, PMP
- Prof. Dr. Jean Hauck
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Aldo von Wangenheim
- Prof. Dr. Adriano F. Borgatto
- Prof. Dr. Jonata Tyska Carvalho
- Profa. Dra. Lúcia Helena Martins Pacheco
- Prof. Dr. Rafael de Santiago
- Nathalie Ferreira
- Nathalia da Cruz Alves
- Adriano Lima
- Marcelo F. Rauber
- Ramon M. Martins
- Raquel Nitsche dos Santos
- Prof. Dr. Fernando S. Pacheco
- Prof. Dr. Mário de Noronha Neto
- Maria Eduarda
- Maria Luisa