The Project Young Programming Tutors 2018, coordinated by the initiative Computação na Escola/INCoD/INE/UFSC and realized at the school Escola Básica Almirante Carvalhal, was closed with an event held at the headquarters of the sponsoring company Involves Tecnologia e Inovação.
During the event, Prof. Jean Hauck of the initative Computação na Escola presented the main results achieved by the project:
- Training of Young Tutors and volunteer Mentors
- Apps Programming Workshops for middle school students, conducted by the volunteer Mentors and supported by Young Tutors, teaching computing to more than 60 school students
- Training and mentoring of Young Tutors learning how to develop their own apps in order to resolve problems in their community
- Developing an instructional unit specific for app development, by teaching, in addition to computing, concepts of design thinking and UX/UI design
The Young Tutors presented the apps they developed during the project:
- Achei seu Emprego : developed by Maiza Elizabeth Machado and Vyviane Pimentel da S. Costa
- AppPhone: developed by Gabriel Marques da Silva and Liz Furtado Domingues
- InfoCarvalhal: developed by Guilherme Cadona da Silva and João Vitor D. de Andrade
- FloripaPraias: developed by Darwin Wogt de Oliveira and Guilherme Carminatti
- HealthyPlants: developed by Maria Eduarda da S. Cruz and Manuela Egerland Bueno
More details about the apps: https://computacaonaescola.ufsc.br/aplicativos-desenvolvidos-no-projeto-jovens-tutores-2018/
Likewise, the participation and involvement of the teachers and the administration of the Escola Básica Almirante Carvalhal were fundamental for the success of the project.
Companies/organizations interested in sponsoring other projects of Young Programming Tutors can contact the initiative Computação na Escola via telephone (48) 3721-7380 / (48) 3721-4715 or email: computacaonaescola @ incod.ufsc.br